Monday 12 November 2007

More on the Finnish Gunman

Following on from my little remonstration concerning the Finland shooting, the Guardian has a couple of articles that interested me this morning. Firstly, this links the event (inevitably) back to America and to the Collumbine Massacre - I am always one step ahead of these guys. Secondly, this article appears to contradict the claim that "Auvinen was a bullied teenage outcast consumed with anger against society", stating that "no-one detected he had problems before he walked into school [...] with a handgun". It's make your mind up time. I feel as though I should refer them back to my earlier post. Anyway, what the second article makes clear is that the Finnish government is taking this very seriously, unlike the US. But let's see how things progress, and whether their firearm legislation is changed.