Tuesday 27 November 2007

Childish Religion

One point I forgot to mention earlier in my post regarding the Gillian Gibbons incarceration was that the blogger stated: "All but one of the children in her class are Muslims." As the frequent readers of this blog will know, no child of 6 or 7 years-old is a Muslim. They simply do not have the educational grounding or the experienced learning capable enough of identifying themselves as Muslims. Consciousness needs to be raised on this matter. This is just as absurd as stating 'All but one of the children in her class are postmodernists and Marxists'. These are self-conscious decisions that can be made when the facts and opinions are explicitly presented. As I write this I find that one of the children has spoken out and told the press that the teddy bear was named after himself. Typically with issues surrounding religion, children pose the most pertinent questions. Moreover, Mosques have today been issued with a code of practice; basically outlining how Muslims should follow their own religion. Is it not telling that the British government feels the need to condescendingly prescribe recommendations that bemoan arranged marriages and extremism? I must take this opportunity to tell you all that I won't be posting again until Monday because I'm away in Austin, Texas and I will be without an internet connection for the duration. I do apologize, but I will make it up to you somehow...