Saturday 16 February 2008

Return

Thank you for your patience. Today I returned to my humble abode and recollected the many artifacts that comprise my current situation. So, surrounded by empty tea-cups and crumpled chocolate wrappers, sat with fore-arms bared to the cold solidity of my two-foot-by-three desk, I updated my pre-frontal lobes with swathes of miscellaneous information. For example, listening to Mark Kermode's slating of the new sci-fi film, Jumper, and recapping on Friday's edition of Newsnight Review. Conveniently, this week's armchair pundits praised the David Mamet play, Speed the Plow, currently showing in London with Kevin Spacey and Jeff Goldblum (ironically portraying the protagonists of a Hollywood-targeting satire). I intend to see the play when I return to Britain in April, but I'm still weary following my reading of Glengarry Glen Ross, a play I found tedious, ineffectual, irrelevant, profanatory and down-right boring. Perhaps my expectations will be greatly subverted, to my pleasure, of course. Whilst I was away, I should mention, a good friend of mine has started a new blog, updating, as I do, with snippet articles that concern those interested. Most recently, he comments on the inevitability of the afterlife from the point of view of an atheist. Genuinely fascinating. Coincidentally, he chose the exact same font and format as my own without ever seeing my blog. And so, doing the gentlemanly thing, I have given this page a well-earned makeover. More to come.

1 comment:

James Poulter said...

Many thanks for the kind reference Rob. I was shocked upon my confrontation of the new blue colour scheme!

Having seen Jumper a few days ago I can corroborate your sources slating - it is awful.

It seems I have figured out how to post comments finally!