Wednesday 23 January 2008

Suicide 2

Heaven forbid I should momentarily forget the human atrocity of suicide bombing, something that has always struck me as mentally primitive - that romanticised idea most boys toy with at an early age - if you had to die, how would you do it? Sod knows, but I'd take a lot of people I don't like down with me. Obviously, it would be daft of me to compare this to the plagiarised lies of the Koran's message, but the principle remains the same. And yes, yesterday saw the bombing of a primary school in Baghdad. We can identify that Al Qaeda have narrowed their attacks to upset the communal security of innocent civilians, yet simultaneously we should recall the sexist practises of many fundamentalist Muslims who firmly believe women should not be educated. As that inhumane discrimination has gradually begun to overturn in the past years, those with the backing of God shed no tear for the maiming and killing of young Iraqi girls. Monstrosity returns.