Thursday 22 May 2008

Raef Appreciation

Our gallant knight has been slain, dear reader! As I'm sure you're fully aware, the chivalrous expert of eloquence, Raef, was booted off The Apprentice last night. How, I wonder, will anyone continue watching the show? I will allow you this moment to mourn and reflect on the mastery of Raef's conceitedness, wardrobe, and his ability to reassure Britain that our country plays host to like-minded connoisseurs of charm (charm with substance, mind). Indeed, as early as Episode 1, he said, "If I am faced with a situation that may cause mere mortals to quake - I don't." Mere mortals quaked for the next seven episodes, where he remained on the winning team for each. And yet, as soon as he shows the first sign of slip-up, conclusions formulate as to his vivacious front does, in fact, not play host to business acumen. How wrong they were, dear reader! This man will inevitably go places, as reminded by this article in The Guardian this morning. If you saw the aftershow I would value hearing your interpretations; I even went so far as to join the Raef Appreciation Society on Facebook: "The Spoken Word is my Tool". I shall leave you with my favorite Raef quote: "Sales is sales. Obviously it makes a huge difference if you believe in a product - and I have. I've taken a look at those panties and I believe in them."

No comments: