Friday 23 May 2008

Eurovision

Now, I shan't be doing a follow-up to this post because no-one, as far as I can see, actually cares who wins the Eurovision Song Contest as it usually winds up in the hands of some eclectic neo-pop cheese manufacturer, fully equipped with flames and howling female vocalists. Evidently, we won't win. Only recently I've subscribed to The New Statesman, upon first impressions, a great weekly magazine hailing from mainland Britain where there seems to be a lack of accessible high-end journals (apart from this one, obviously). They have a fantastic online feature whereby you can subscribe for a thoroughly reduced price to receive the E-edition, rendered into PDF format. For me, in the States, this is perfect, and it also grants me access to the complete archives. So, if you're interested, I strongly recommend it. The reason I mention this is because of their inclusion of some Eurovision news, centering on the role it will play for Serbia and Belgrade. But, for me and you, the only reason to watch the contest is for Terry Wogan's gags. Let's hope he has a few tinnies before he begins, and that he makes some lewd quip about Montenegro. What's more, we all need to watch for Britain's representative when it comes to delivering our points scores. Last year we had the forgettable Fern Cotton - this year my vote goes to Boris Johnson. Why not?

No comments: