Wednesday 21 May 2008

Flip-Flops

On Monday I arrived back in my apartment in Tucson, thoroughly exhausted and looking forward to some quiet nights in. As usual, however, training has restarted with renewed gusto, which somehow fills me with feelings of uncomfortable trepidation as I didn't do very well at the meet in Santa Clara. For all sports fans, it brings me great displeasure to tell you that Michael Phelps did very well, winning six or seven events and, inevitably, winning the top performer accolade, as if he needs any extra cash. (He has now hired a bodyguard, by the way, presumably for the highly likely event that someone takes a cricket bat to his kneecaps just in time for Beijing.) All videos and interviews are available at Floswimming.com, an ever-growing resource for all swimmers. I hope my posts on Friday kept your appetite well and truly wetted before my return, although, it seems as though the world has flipped on its head since I left - Sen. Clinton keeps winning States; the increasingly annoying Bryan coincidentally notices the same fluorescent green Lamborghini in California as I did on Thursday; Jeffrey Archer updates his blog daily; Radiohead started their Houston set with 15 Step rather than the questionable All I Need; Israel and Syria are in peace talks, employing Turkey as the token Tony Blair intermediary; and AA Gill has been caught lying in the most pretentious fashion - he is now the definitive pinnacle of arrogance. Well, I appear to have missed quite a lot so I'll make up for it with up-to-date posts. Seeing as everything else has changed, I may as well follow suit...or should I?

No comments: