Monday 10 November 2008

Off to meet the President

Well well, dear pilgrim, I travel to Washington DC tomorrow, beginning my journey towards The White House (soon to be "The Black House" as of January 20th). I shall be taking pictures with my solitary disposable camera and I shall be taking my laptop, though I doubt I'll have time on my hands to keep you abreast with my meager opinions and musings. Obviously, however, as soon as I'm out the door I'll explain the intricacies of the Bush family. We're not allowed to take pictures inside the White House, but who cares? I've heard that almost 96% of the Washington populace voted for Obama - what an interesting dialectic they must have over there - everyone you meet on the subway voted the same as you - what a cosy little frame of relationship. From Washington to California on Friday to swim, then my beloved arrives on Saturday. All in all, dear reader, I may be a little stretched in the coming days, so don't expect too much. Nevertheless, before I leave you, I'll direct you to another blog, recently set up by my good friend back home, now living in London, Thom Lowe. Well worth a viewing - his first headline had me clutching my sides.

No comments: