Tuesday 10 June 2008

A Decorated Return

Well, well, ladies and gents, I have returned at last. The meet in Omaha was a thoroughly enjoyable experience in a luxurious pool in a quaint little town. They've set up a temporary pool in the Qwest arena, which normally hosts basketball games, for this meet and the upcoming US Olympic Trials later this month. My race results were a mixed bag, doing much better in the relays than in my individual events (quite telling of the psychology that goes with racing). However, I did manage to pick up some hardware: a bronze on day one in the 4x100 freestyle relay, and a gold on the last day with the 4x100 medley team. It was the final race of the meet and I anchored the team of Albert Subirats (Venezuela), Josh Arreguin (Mexico), and Jake Tapp (Canada). And so, without further introduction, here it is.

No comments: