Friday 18 February 2011

Radiohead Week - 5

It's now only three hours until all is revealed (possibly) at Hachinko Square in Tokyo, but I'm hedging my bets and popping off to bed. I can't stay up to 3am for something that could, ultimately, prove pointless. Such are the tribulations of a Radiohead fan, but it's worth every second. AtEase has been my home for the day, and the endless speculation has driven most insane. I understand the Japaneezers aren't holding up too well either. Indeed, 7 o'clock on a Friday night in the center of the busiest pedestrian precinct on the planet is probably quite cluttered anyway, let alone with the imminent invasion of thousands of gawping Radiohead fans. The members of Radiohead know this, of course, and they also know it would be irresponsible to post a message such as this and not have something rather grand lined up. The band's spokesperson has confirmed, however, that fans should not attend and expect to see the band in person. The "in person" addendum to that statement is rather telling in its inclusion. I would suggest that the famous big-screens of Hachinko Square are about to play host to the world premiere of the King of Limbs. I shall awaken to the news, collated and nicely dispersed across the usual outlets. If you can manage the slog, here's the live video link-up; it's already a clusterfuck. If I lived nearby I'd go down there and hold up a cryptic message to confuse fans. Something like: Radiohead Tickets Now Sold Out.

No comments: