Wednesday 28 January 2009

Clive James, and Departure

I fly back to Austin, Texas tomorrow to face the counterparts of our National supremacy. Challenge is innate in superiority. Superiority is not without contention. Let the battle commence. Before I go, however, I must take the time sit down and acknowledge Clive James' website as one of the most fascinating, enthralling, and wonderfully constructed resources one might hope to find. With over a thousand pages it's very easy to get lost for hours, referring yourself back to the clock every once in a while only to find another sixty minutes has passed. Amazingly, I first uncovered the website in its first week of broadcast through a tip-off from that pioneer in the arts, Jonny Greenwood. Since then, I've watched it grow and fill it's webspace with more and more high culture; it's a goldmine for anyone with a severe weakness for the arts, like myself. If you don't know where to start, I recommend the Talking In The Library series to which Martin Amis, Ian McEwan, Jeremy Irons, and our dear old Stephen Fry have played a part, among many others. Adieu!

No comments: