Monday 8 December 2008

The Big Weekend

I've since returned from Austin, Texas following my last post (which I hoped you've enjoyed many times) for a swimming invitational. I did well, breaking the 44 barrier in the 100yrd freestyle, going 20.1 in the 50, and going sub-1.40 in the 200. Unfortunately, there are no videos from that meet like there were last year, as the distributors got threatened with some kind of libel action. All the results, though, are here. Last year those times would have looked very good, but after the introduction of the new generation of racing suit (Speedo's LZR Racer, and the now infamous BlueSeventy) people are breaking new grounds in greater numbers. Still, I'm chuffed. Talking of sports viewing, why can't I find any kind of live video coverage for the upcoming Snooker World Championships or the England Cricket Tour to India? Surely, in this day and age, there must be some kind of online solution. I'll let you know.

No comments: