Sunday 31 August 2008

Special Edition

Narrowly dodging a lighting bolt, not to be mistaken with Insane Bolt, I have found my computer amidst the flood-water. As I type, thunder is, literally, shaking my apartment. Again however, I'm provided with ample chillax time to comment on Time magazine's choice of front-cover from the past two weeks. Last week they adorned the cover with an eerily iconic, darkened profile shot of Barack Obama, entitled The Democrats: Special Edition. There I was tutting, as if to think that Time had forgotten all notions of journalistic integrity and had firmly taken sides. I was mistaken, as this week they had an equally artsy picture of John McCain emblazoned on the front, aptly entitled The Republicans: Special Edition. What I would point out, however, is that the Republican issue is noticeably lighter than the Democrats; perhaps suggesting some kind of party flimsiness, lacking in substance. I have yet to read either edition as I'm now completely inept. I have forgotten how to read, but I will do, and I will report.

No comments: