Tuesday 26 August 2008

Blowing my own trumpet

If I wanted to, I never need post again after the flurry of excitement that inevitably surrounds yesterday's video. However, this blog runs on time, every time. Had I any money, I would employ somebody to update on my behalf. I have still to come across anyone quite so superior as myself, but my search will not be in vain, particularly as long as Christopher Hitchens is alive. Coincidentally, I read a rather warm quote from Joseph Heller regarding our academic hero. He writes, "I regret he has only one life, one mind, and one reputation to put at the service of my country." By the way, if you haven't read Catch-22 at least once you have thus-far wasted your life. Anyway, I shall digress for one meagre sentence and inform you that I have recently completed Halo 3 on the hardest setting. My younger readers will now be bowing, or perhap slowly dropping to one knee in beleaguered admiration. I shall respect the ignorance of my older readers by directing them to this video, which will introduce the notion of what I have just accomplished. And, to demonstrate that my time was not wholly irrelevantly fruitful, Bryan has written an article, as he does, for the Sunday Times about a particular diet that seems to be grabbing everyone's attention...

1 comment:

Uncle Dick Madeley said...

Halo 3 bored me silly on medium.