Wednesday 22 August 2012

Dry Dentist

I've watched enough ice hockey (which almost came out ice hokey) to know that a man, certainly a man without facial hair should always get his teeth fixed at the earliest opportunity. The dentist seemed somewhat peeved that I hadn't proffered him my open mouth for about five years on account of my stint Stateside, and when I explained my swimming background, concluding with a solemn reflection on my Olympic failure, he held my gaze and said yeah I just missed qualification too as though that were an acceptable thing to say. Even after he lapsed and said that I had probably worked a lot harder than he I still felt unduly faced. Once he'd finished rounding off the bottom of my now less pronounced canine and offered me the green swill-juice I deliberately aimed and spat the stuff on his midget sink, gratuitously spraying the vicinity with green splashback. At reception they didn't charge me a penny on account of still being a student (?) so I've felt guilty all day.

No comments: