Monday 7 June 2010

Anti-Zionism

In hindsight I've realized that my railing against the ignorance of Israel's antagonists led to a slip of sorts. You'll recall that I wrote:
The left-wing apologism for Islamic promulgation has expanded to such an extent that not only, we're told, should the Palestinian population in Gaza be granted complete immunity from Israeli interference, but also that Israel represents an oppressive, almost fascistic state.
Given fascism's historical and almost inextricable link to anti-Semitism, that was daft of me, and I'm glad that none of you seemed to pick it up. Speaking of which, someone who did get caught out was this lady, American reporter Helen Thomas. As absurd and reprehensible as her comments were, I can't help but feel that she's being hounded as the scapegoat for all the falsehoods, lazy journalism, and media slant that we're only now realizing demanded closer inspection. The silly old bint probably got caught up in the furore of the whole thing, and thought that her anti-Zionist opinions would finally find a sympathetic audience. Alas, not so.

No comments: