Friday 26 February 2010

Yorke

I've been suffering from strange, recurring migraines for the last few days and, as with all migraines, the causes and triggers are totally unknown. I've got all the classic symptoms: sensitivity to light and sound, runny nose, acute unilateral pain around my eye, and yet I have no idea where I stand with it all. The drugs I've been given are fairly strong, inducing a ten-minute bout of nausea and lethargy on top of the pain, which isn't exactly wonderful, but I'm seeing some improvement. I think, however, I've found the cure. Thom Yorke's little solo gig at the Cambridge Corn Exchange last night threw up some classics in the space of half an hour. I turn away from the computer for a while to cook some dinner and, when I return, Thom has bestowed us with three never-before-heard songs. Well how about that. I forgot my misery and went in search of videos. Here they are. Dedicating a song to the "open-minded, liberals of this country" (worrying, I know) is a song that used to be known as A Pig's Ear, and hails from the blackboard days of 2005, well titled, The Daily Mail.



We also had something that, as far as I can see, hasn't cropped up anywhere in the back catalogue before, Mouse Dog Bird, which, upon first listen, is one of those...



Lastly, but notable for being my favorite, is Give Up The Ghost, the name of which has been circulating for a while.



No comments: