Tuesday 16 February 2010

Interlude

I can't stop now as the workload is mounting up. These essays don't write themselves, you know. Well, that's not strictly true. I'm pretty good. Anyway, if you need something to do, read Brit's critique of John Gray's Straw Dogs. Alongside 2666, Holly's Dad bought this for me for Christmas. If you haven't read it, I suggest you BUY IT NOW. It's a very important book, not because you will agree with everything he writes, but because you'll disagree with pretty much everything, and, when you try to explain to yourself why, you find it much more difficult than you might expect. Brit misses a glaring flaw in Gray's work, which I briefly allude to in a comment, but I fear I must elaborate and lend my time to writing a more worthy piece. I suspect, however, that once I've begun I'll end up writing a thousand words. It's one of those. Maybe at the weekend, eh?

No comments: