Sunday 29 November 2009

Backhanded

Radio 5's very takeable podcast, Fighting Talk issued the following question this week: Which sports personality divides the nation down the middle? The usual offerings of Gary Neville, Eric Cantona, et al. were given. My response, however, would be Andy Murray. Unashamedly, I hate him. I hate everything about him. I hate his demeanor about the court, his petulant moping. I hate his arrogance, his childish aversion to interviews, and his refusal to acknowledge the crowd when he lost to Andy Roddick at this year's Wimbledon tournament, let alone wait to walk off court with him. But, most of all, I hate his face. Why? Well, it was always far too unattractive for his ex-girlfriend, Kim Sears. Come to think of it, I always thought there was a problem with her face too.

Murray said the experience of his parents’ break-up had made him more determined to make his relationship with Miss Sears work.
Determination, whether genuine or not, doesn't get you everything in life, mate. Sometimes, genetic attributes play a factor (see your own face). When it comes to uncovering why she was able to see past his face for so long, The Times comes to aid: "Miss Sears has moved out of the £5 million Surrey mansion she shared with the world No 4". Good on you.

No comments: