Thursday 22 October 2009

The Cliches of Snooker Commentary - UPDATED

Your suggestions welcome. An ongoing list courtesy of the master, John Virgo:
  • Where's the next red coming from?
  • Tied up.
  • Tied down.
  • Pulled up short.
  • Missable.
  • Whiped its feet.
  • Frame-winner.
  • He's got the cue ball on a string.
  • Given himself a bit to do.
  • Get his hand on the table.
  • Tough school, this.
  • Where's the cue ball going?
  • Not sure what he payed for there.
  • In all my years of snooker - as a player, and as a commentator - I've never seen a shot like that.

3 comments:

Jim said...

"In all my years of snooker - as a player, and as a commentator - I've never seen a shot like that"

"Where's the cue ball going?!"

"Not sure what he was playing for there..."

Robert Iddiols said...

can't believe i missed the one about the cue ball. you become so desensitized to it when you hear it time after time. it takes a keen ear to catch them all.

Anonymous said...

I should email my friend about it.