Wednesday 11 March 2009

A Couple of Familiars

Firstly, it's now been nearly six months since I wrote about Petr Cech's head-brace on this blog, making it two and half years after the original injury, which I think is quite long enough to observe any developments: but still nothing. Am I the only football lover in the world who has noticed this? Second, the point I made a while ago about the producers of Top Gear, which was firmly backed up by my long-time musical go-to, Jim, was further bolstered by the Vietnam special they broadcast as part of the finale to last season's show. Barely within the the first twenty minutes we're appropriately treated to The Doors, The Rolling Stones, Smokey Robinson, Samuel Barber's Adagio for Strings, and even a tad of Jonny Greenwood. Anyone acquainted with American 'Nam films will appreciate some of those titles, and I've no doubt that whomever is in charge of the show's soundtrack goes under-appreciated, but not so on this blog. We applaud that individual and lobby for his promotion.

No comments: