Friday 13 March 2009

Applause Again

Talking of rambunctious applause, has anyone noticed how Question Time has now become a competition of who can garner the most applause? I particularly dislike the way they invite some drivelling, tabloid goon as the voice of the masses, sitting him on the end of the panel as if he represents the omniscient perspective that somehow is outside of politics. See as an example, the fascistic cunt who columns for the Daily Mail, Richard Littlejohn. That is, of course, unless they do something as superb as this ("Harold Pinter on a bad day"). Speaking of which, that gives me an opportunity to repost this video of Christopher Hitchens giving Bill Maher's audience the finger after they "frivolously" applauded a particularly easy joke by the host.

1 comment:

James Poulter said...

Btw, my brother told me that all of Have I got... is scripted. Takes away most of the genious that way, I feel? But completely, completely agree with you about applause.

Especially on question time, I love the program, but the audience infuriates me!