Tuesday 21 October 2008

Atheist Campaigning

The Atheist Bus Campaign is off and running after some enthusiastic phone calls and a worthy Guardian newspaper flourish. However, as can be expected, Bryan is laughing at the apparent squeamishness of the designers by employing a particular word: "probably". The slogan reads, "There probably isn't a God. Now stop worrying and enjoy your life." Slightly forceful in my opinion. Scoff all you like at my hypocrisy, but let's remember that we don't wish to appear as arrogant as to assert ourselves just so single-mindedly as those who claim there IS a god. For the third time ever, I felt compelled to comment on Bryan's ignorance, which you can read by clicking on the link above. I'm always weary of this kind of thing because I don't wish to resort to the same tactics that organised religion employs to pull newcomers. I find there's usually a cleverer and more subtle way of subverting the attention of an audience than that used by the religious. Nevertheless, anything to undermine the constitutional absurdity of the British body politic is worthy of a thumbs-up.

No comments: