Tuesday 26 January 2010

Reading:

Bret Easton Ellis' twitter feed is updated fairly infrequently, providing almost no incite whatever into the future of his new novel or any one of his pipelined screen adaptations. It does however, if you squint, give you a sample of the life he leads: cultured, luxurious, American, laid-back, populist. It's a wonder he can motivate himself to write at all (having said that, it probably does explain the five year hiatus since Lunar Park). I see two months ago he wrote that he was reading, among other things, Robert Bolano's 2666, of which I have a copy perched beside me. I haven't picked it up yet, and I'm not likely to any time soon. It's over 1100 pages and my reading list for the next four months consists of about that many titles. On this endorsement, though, I may have to give it a go. Ellis style; I'm currently reading Faulkner's Light in August, Bronte's Jane Eyre, and Anderson's Winesburg, Ohio.

No comments: