Tuesday 1 September 2009

An Observation Relayed

While I journeyed back from Terminal 5 to Pheonix, my final resting place if you remember, an inter-Continental couple sat beside me embarked on a rather lengthy, one-sided conversation with me regarding the differences between British and American living. One was a professor and the other was a professor so they could talk for England, and, indeed, America. One surprisingly astute observation did catch me however. The British gentleman, a native of Cambridge, though not quite good enough for the university, remarked that whenever he lands in a US airport, he's always struck by the characteristic smell: a blend of bleach and cinnamon, he said. Well, such a profound description does not occur very often, and it's stayed with me ever since and, I dare say, it will stay with you also.

No comments: