Thursday 11 June 2009

Money Talks

Phoenix hosts one of the few remaining airports that offers free internet access to all of its travellers, and so who am I to deny myself a brief post? You might notice the time signature, which tells you that it's barely eight o'clock and I've been awake for nearly four hours already. I've long since breached the realm of severe fatigue. If you think tiredness is the cause of your irritability on occasion, you're wrong. Tiredness is often mistaken for mere fatigue. Tiredness infuses you with the delightful sense of languid indifference, quite distinct from fatigue, which always leads to irritability. Bearing that in mind, I'm still able to get quite annoyed by this nonsense about Surallen Sugar's enrollment in Brown's face-saving campaign. Why has he become an authority figure in British politics? As if he has the slightest idea what he's doing. I've noticed he interviews very poorly when it comes to politics and public opinion, probably because his expertise lies elsewhere. For all his attempts at humility and opaque sentimentality, he smacks of an extremely self-possessed, self-interested individual. Is it such a stretch to imagine that he may have a vested interest in the longevity of a Labour government under Brown. His peerage is already on the way, I see. Aha, it appears some sort of demented woman has come to stand near me and generally be a menace, So I must deal with that now with all the apathy I can muster.

No comments: